Monday, October 15, 2012

My Favorite Flour



Wheat Montana {white} whole wheat flour....the best, the best, the best.  No, they don't know me or care about my little blog.  But I started using this flour about a year ago really just because I was tickled to see it in my mid-west grocery store.

I grew up near Montana, and had driven by the Wheat Montana farms a few times.  It is such a picturesque area and farm, I just like supporting it.

But...even better is that the flour is so high quality.  It's whole wheat, but tastes very light and the baked goods have a really nice texture.  No, I never cared about flours, and I thought they were all the same....but I wanted to share what I've found here

Oh, and one more thing:  I love the packaging.  This ziploc top bag keeps flour from flying anywhere else, which is a must in a part gluten-free household.

I am sharing this post as part of Kitchen Tip Tuesdays at Tammy's Recipes.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, this is great flour! It is what I always used until I got my wheat grinder this fall. Now I love the freshly ground!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...