Thursday, March 13, 2014

The World's Happiest Dessert


So, I sat at the library this evening and thumbed through the most recent issue of Psychology Today.  It was so interesting to find the links they are finding with gut health and mental health.  Anyway, the topic is interesting and I'll let you read about it there.

Two things stood out to me (in the print issue):  CHOCOLATE and YOGURT.  Both things that I love :).  I guess dark chocolate develops prebiotics and then the yogurt has a couple of the probiotic strains that are especially helpful for mental health.

That got my own noggin working on what I could go home and enjoy for my brain!



Make sure you have a plain yogurt with at least 4 or 5 strains of probiotics for optimum coverage in that area.  I also prefer greek yogurt because of the extra protein and thicker consistency.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...