Thursday, October 13, 2016

Living Room ideas

This morning I was daydreaming about living rooms.  The time will come when we start planning for a home again and really the living room is a main event.  The kitchen is a big deal too...and I hope to have them connected, but where we sit and talk and relax together will set the tone for our home I think. 



Bettendorf, Iowa - Jennifer Home (by Windmiller Design)



 When I started looking through inspiration photos I noticed some trends.  I like balance and equivalent "weight" on each side.


Industrial Home Designs


I like plain colored walls.  Patterned wall paper increases my sensory stress.  I like the full wall's scale of one color.


Anita


I thought I was sick of gray in decorating, but it is SO calming.  I relax when I look at these pictures.  Big clear windows are everything to me too.  I love light and I love feeling more connected to the outside.


Budget Blinds


I like brick--real brick, accents that remind me of industrial loft-like spaces.


Contemporary Ranch House
Funky and Fun Living Room



Natural materials (stone and wood) speak to me, too.


Mountain Park Residence
Salon with Custom Plaster Ceiling
Contemporary in Deephaven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...