Friday, February 10, 2017

Real books not Facebook


I'm back again where I found myself a few years ago, running from what felt like a personal friend avalanche of yuckiness.  Now, mind you, I don't think any of my associates are purposefully sending out yucky vibes.  However, some of their opinions, like implying ethnic laziness or anti-patriotism just roil me like 1000 stabbings of ignorance.  I can't face it, especially from the likes of family members I know to be kind to people's faces.

So when I'm recoiling from that type of avalanche I turn to my comfort and intellectual solace -- real books.  Are you on Goodreads?  Wanna connect with me there?  I've been keeping track of the books I want to read as well as what I'm currently on.


This last one was motivating, as well as a little funny.  Goodness, I've been making a little money here and there for 7 years for my writing, but never would dare call myself a writer or author.  Isn't that funny?  My imposter complex serves no one, especially aspiring bloggers, so it should be gone like yesterday I think.  That may be the first hurdle this book was meant to overcome.  Reading the title right there makes one ask a lot of self talk questions, it seems.

Have you read a good book lately?

1 comment:

  1. I still have a really hard time calling myself an author, too. So silly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...