Sunday, January 27, 2013

Peanut Butter Playdough


I'm re-publishing this high protein snack recipe, because it's been so popular here in our house :)




A recipe so easy your toddler can (and will!) make it:

1 C peanut butter
1 C honey
1 1/2 C powdered milk

Mix first two ingredients and then add a little of the powdered milk at a time, kneading it in until the playdough is no longer sticky.

Let the kids play!  Cookie cutters and rolling pins work great.  And if they put a piece or even a handful in their mouths?  No sweat.  It's a high protein snack my kids (and I, shhh!) love.

P.S.  I got this recipe from my preschool teacher when I was three.  It's near and dear to my heart and I love sharing the fun with my own sweeties.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome! Going to try this with Creigh, plus he LOVES peanut butter! Win, win...right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Hope he likes it! Lane loves Peanut Butter too.

      Delete
  2. Need to make this one for the grand kids! Love the 'history' behind your recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a fun memory for me! We passed around the bowl in preschool and got turns stirring :).

      Delete
  3. I am so going to make this. Then I don't have to yell at Max to "Stop. Not in your mouth!" the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You so much for this. The boys are loving playing with it and I am enjoying the peace and quiet (and sneking in some bites here and there) Reminds me of your house growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Jamie, that's so sweet. I'm glad you guys liked it!

      Delete
  5. Love your site and how you put this collage of pictures together. I'm a new follower from a blog hop, would love if you followed me back! www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and especially for following! I've got to go check out your blog, my nickname was Hubba Bubba when I was a kid ;).

      Delete
  6. This sounds amazing.. and best part EASY! Just found you over at the CHQ blog hop. I am your newest follower. Would love if you could come visit my blog and follow.


    Thanks
    Nichole
    www.pinkieforpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to take a great deal from this post then you have to apply these methods to
    your won blog.
    My web site: best stretch marks cream

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...