Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Basic Biscuits


I'm more of a functional cook, than a "make it look pretty" cook.  I'll start out with that warning.

But then I'll tell you that being efficient equals less time in the kitchen.  So there's that.

I've found with a few simple ingredients you can have something hot, homemade and with much less chemicals than in the tubes or frozen.

Even better...in less time.  It was "an aha moment" when I made my store-bought frozen biscuits that bake for 25 minutes the second or third time and realized that this recipe could be done in about half that time, start to finish.  


Source

Basic Biscuits

2 C flour
1 t salt
3 t baking powder
1 C milk
1/3 C oil

Mix together until barely combined (don't overbeat).  Drop by spoonful onto cooking sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees 12-15 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...