The last day of school was this week and I admit it really caught me off guard. I didn't know how we were going to adjust.
However...within a day (it didn't take me long!) all the signs of summer were here!
- The weather got warm. It's 90 today!
- My roses started blooming.
- The kids have been loving the streaming of netflix movies with the Wii. If you don't have it it's hard to explain. But it's nice, free to us, and much easier than checking them out at the library.
- Girl #2 had her Kindergarten graduation.
- Girl #1 had an honors assembly and got the Academic Achievement award for her class (second year in a row!)
- Mr. Warmth grilled hot dogs for dinner last night and then we roasted marshmallows on the coals and had s'mores.
- Mr. Warmth had a phone interview. Yay! It's always nice to have hope and progress and ideas of where our future may go. We are applying for jobs whenever we find them. And we are praying much for direction. Join us in that if you would :).
- Mr. Warmth has set up his Bar exam study schedule. Yikes, it's grueling. But...it's just one thing. Last school year there was school and two jobs. Things are always busy. We'll be fine.
So. I think I am ready. I happened to read through some of my blog archives. Man, I sewed a lot last summer! I had so many goals and projects it tires me to read it. I really have no such plans for this summer. I found a library location I can tolerate (most of them in this town kind of scare me :( which I know is sad to say) so maybe we'll do that once a week. Now that it is 90 degrees I am just glad our air conditioning works and we have a comfy basement.