Friday, March 30, 2012

Bobi's Granola


This is a yummy recipe I created myself.  I wanted it to be simple, lightly sweet, and use ingredients we always had on hand.  It's our back-up breakfast cereal, if we are out.  I would prefer we eat high fiber breakfasts like this every day, but my kids don't agree.  They enjoy making it though, and especially enjoy eating it when it is warm out of the oven.

Bobi's Granola


11 C regular oatmeal (not quick cook)
1 C powdered milk

Mix together.


Then on the stove mix:

1 C brown sugar
1/2 C honey
1 t salt
3/4 C canola oil

Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.  Then pour this warm liquid over bowl of oats and dried milk.  Mix as thoroughly as possible.  





 Spread out onto two baking sheets.  Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.


I like to top mine with nuts and milk for breakfast. 





4 comments:

  1. I am making this right now. I am sure it is delicious because I can't stop eating the raw mixture. I can't wait to taste the final product! Excellent, easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'm looking forward to trying it out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made this at least once a week since I got the recipe. I have made it for my visitors and they all have asked for the recipe. This is, by far, my favorite granola recipe ever. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks "thirdof11"! I really appreciate the compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...