Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chalk + Board



So, we've had this chalkboard since a few weeks after we moved to Nebraska for Law school.  I used it next to my pantry in all 3 places we lived before moving here.  I used it to keep track of groceries we ran out of.


Now that I have a smart phone, I keep a running grocery list in there, which works better because with this list I still had to transfer it to paper before heading off for the store.  And my phone goes with me to the store where I can check off each thing, electronically, as I buy it.


Nowadays I use the chalkboard to keep a list of bigger chores that I need to remember to do that might get lost in day to day drama.  I draw great big boxes to check off!  Gotta love that sense of satisfaction.  Especially when it says "scrub toilets!"


Since I love and have loved having a chalkboard all this time, I'm considering a chalkboard WALL.  The wall you see it on...should I paint the whole thing with chalkboard paint?  Will it be too dark?  I think it would be really cute to have messages to each other or weekly menus featured there.


Let me know what you think!



2 comments:

  1. I know at Lowe's they can mix you up Chalkboard paint in any color you choose. We made a red chalkboard to write love notes on for Valentine's this year. It was really awesome. So I wouldn't worry about the color if I were you! I think it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a chalkboard wall! I'm hoping to do one when I own a home. A Girl and a Glue Gun did one just recently on her blog. You might want to check it out: http://kimboscrafts.blogspot.com/2012/03/sometimes-i-get-bored.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...