Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Some Great Flooring

For our last remodel, in a super-small place, we updated the kitchen and bathroom flooring with this stuff.  Its a padded vinyl that they say is perfect for do-it-yourselfers.  I had asked around and not every installer liked it because the instructions say you can install it without glue, but if you need to make a seam or repair then where you glue it - it looks funny.



So we took that advice to heart and ended up gluing it down everywhere to avoid that possibility.  My husband totally impressed me with his measuring skills.  He decided he wanted to put it in all one piece...with no seams at all.  And it had to go around corners, cabinets, into a pantry, etc.  It was a complicated puzzle!

We ended up in the townhouse's clubhouse laying it out and measuring and eventually cutting the intricate shape that it required.  Have you ever heard the saying, "Measure twice and cut once?"  Well, its useful advice, let me tell ya!  On our first measuring we were off around an inch and it threw off half of the whole shape.  Thank goodness Mr. Warmth caught that!



So we measured and re-did it the second time and lo and behold it fit perfectly!  Whew!  You don't want to mess up on a cut of several hundred dollars worth of flooring...

The following three pictures are of it installed in our last place (the 2 bedroom townhome).  I think it looked quite pretty, if I do say so myself.






11 comments:

  1. Hey we put that stuff in the entryway of ur last home! And we messed up on the measurements, but the quarter rounds around the edge covered it up. So no harm, no foul, right? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me! We learn with every remodel! It's great stuff. We're thinking tile here, but I'm a little scared to learn a new skill. Plus its A LOT of area to be tiled...

      Delete
  2. Can you share the brand, etc. Please!!! We are looking to put a new floor in our kitchen. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking! Here is a link to it:

      http://www.menards.com/main/flooring/vinyl-flooring/sheet-vinyl/tarkett-grande-12ft-wide-sheet-vinyl/p-1442466.htm

      We used the blue/gray ish one, not the more green one. Let me know if you have any questions and how it goes for you. We really liked it later, its easy to clean, and soft to walk on.

      Delete
  3. That is pretty. It looks great! Flooring scares me a bit. I stuck some armstrong peel and stick tiles over some awful vinyl until we got hardwood and was so proud of myself... This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up! Have a great week.

    Rachel
    www.lalalists.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous floor! Thanks so much for linking up with us!

    xoxo Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I have been thinking about using those tiles for my kitchen redo. I call them "peel and stick". I will just lay them over the existing lenoleum though. What color did you chose. Its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a padded sheet vinyl. It's sort of a grayish blue. If you copy and paste the link below the picture it'll show more details.

      Delete
  7. I really like the sheet vinyl you used. I love the look of slate but don't really want to mess with laying tile and being stuck with one look for a long time. I like to change things up a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. Los Angeles Home Remodeling Services

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...