Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Homemade Italian Dressing

Have you ever made your own salad dressings?  I've purchased the packets that you add vinegar, water, and oil to....but I didn't even think that all I was saving myself was 2 seconds of spice measuring and adding pointless preservatives.







So, I was out of dressing the other day and thought a good Italian dressing sounded nice.  After looking through several recipes, I put together what sounded good to me.  And boy, was it ever!  I've been dipping vegetables, bread, and scouring the house for "salad fixins" ever since I tasted this.

It's that good:

Italian Dressing

1 C vinegar
1 1/3 C oil
2 T water
2 t garlic powder
2 t onion powder
2 t honey
1 T dried oregano
1/2 t black pepper
1/2 t dried basil
2 t dried parsley
1 t salt

Mix together...it lasts for a few months in your fridge...well, it's supposed to.  Trust me.  It won't be there that long.



5 comments:

  1. Awesome! When we lived in Sweden, we realized that Swedes don't actually dress their salads at all.
    Here in Riyadh, I make my own dressing of olive oil, lemon juice (fresh-squeezed), and a little salt and pepper. Tastes great and is super simple. I just drizzle it directly on the salad without mixing or measuring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the "Follow Me Wednesday"!
    Cute blog! :) New follower!

    xoxo
    Anni // Grapefruitprincess ReLoaded

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family will love this- thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fantastic (and I'm sure it's so much better for you)!!

    Thanks for taking the time to link up at Keep Calm & Link Up this weekend! We're thrilled you chose to party with us :o)
    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum I must try that I love homemade dressings
    www.tipsyheelz.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...