Saturday, October 6, 2012

I Can't Help Myself!

I just want to write more "What Went Right" posts!  It really helps me remember my day, the good and the bad.  I need a writing challenge like that to really get out all the details and document the memories.  Since it gets me writing....which is very therapeutic for me, I'm going to keep doing it on occasion.

Here goes:


  1. We went to the park yesterday!  The girls walked to school...I was planning on us walking with them, but let them leave and get a head start since we were scrambling to find the boys' shoes and things and I didn't want the girls to be late to their class.  One thing turned into another and the girls had long been at school before the boys and I made it out of the house.  But we kept at it and took a walk to the playground.  Seems like no big deal but I have the hardest time leaving the house.  It took a lot of internal coaching if ya know what I mean.  The sunshine, fresh air, and laughter of my boys playing at the playground was so worth it though.
  2. I started a new idea of mine.  I've been applying for all kinds of jobs all over the place for the last 6 months.  The only one who has even gotten far enough to give me a phone call decided not to interview when they found out I had been out of the workforce for 10 years :(.  So...feeling unemployed both financially and mentally, I'm just trying to do whatever I can to use my skills and work to make some income.  I LOVE blogging, and had an idea of another one I wanted to try so here it is.  If you'd be so kind as to visit my site or follow it I'd be most grateful!
  3. I mowed the lawn!  That was yesterday, but it got me excited about yard work (always more fun in the fall than when it is 100 degrees outside :) and so I did quite a bit of pruning and weeding as well.  Casey was happy to see the yard look nice as he left this morning, so that made me feel good.

2 comments:

  1. I personally like your new blog and enjoy learning about new tips and tricks. I also wanted to encourage you to not give up on your job search. As a previous manager I understand the concern about hiring someone who has been out of the work force for a long time, BUT, you can easily overcome that by either working PART TIME for a while, just to show you're back on the market and in the groove again, and/or take a class or couple classes at the local community college to show potential employers you are up to date on skills. I PROMISE you that by doing either of those or both of these, employers will take you more seriously and you WILL land a full time position. I PROMISE you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't tell you how much this comment meant to me today! Gave me the oomph I needed to keep trying :)>

      Delete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...