Saturday, November 3, 2012

House Re-habbing



When I was around 10 I was visiting a friend for a sleepover. I found out they had only been in their home for a few years. That was a completely foreign concept to me since I'd lived in the same home on land my grandparents homesteaded decades before. She said this was the third house they bought, remodeled and then sold...as a means of earning some money. The home was beautiful: her parents obviously had great taste. 

The moment she told me that something clicked in my heart as well as my mind. Could that really be done? I spent hours combing through magazines, glueing pictures in a notebook for dream rooms, homes, gardens, etc. I didn't know that could actually be a job...a career!? Who knew?

It turns out I married a man who didn't mind adventure and we moved many times earlier in our marriage. When we built our first home, despite loving our choices, that itch wouldn't go away and we set about buying our second home...that had seen better days, but had amazing potential. Amazing in my opinion, of course. I'm pretty sure everyone else simply saw it as a place to live ;). That was the beginning of living the passion I had dreamed about since I was a child. We've remodeled and sold or rented 5 homes and are in our 6th. This one is a BIG project. We are almost a year in and nowhere near done. And you know what I dream about now? A newly built home. Everything done and ready and the ability to just relax and just enjoy my life.

Yep. I'm pretty sure that itch has been scratched. But it's been a lovely ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...