Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Our Hearts/Our Homes Mod Podge project

"Where We've Lived" family wall art


This is a Mod Podge project.  I love the stuff and this is a great way to use it to personalize your home.  I used a heart shape from an applique in a pattern.  I've not made the crafts the pattern was for but it came in handy for this!

My mother had several old maps and I had a few and together we came up with one for each of the states our family has lived in.  I  went in chronological order with the last one being Nebraska where we are now.

Are you wondering what the wood base is and how we made that? It was simply a cabinet door already stained this color--just an old cast-off at the Habitat for Humanity re-Store.  An awesome find because they are just $5!  I love having things to decorate our walls with but I held off putting anything up that wasn't completely personal that we love.  This fits that bill and I can't wait to see it up!

3 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I could see us doing this project. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Bobi! Very original, great job. Thanks for sharing on "I Gotta Try That"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 Tips to a flat stomach
    ----------------------------------

    There are long lasting ways to get the amazing middle you crave. These genius tips
    Will help you shed inches and pounds, banish the bloat, And feel even more gorgeous.
    we have very best advice for quickly shrinking your tummy. Here are the surprising
    Hello, skinny jeans! Stop making these 5 Major mistakes and you will finally lose your stubborn belly fat
    http://juicyabs.com
    http://www.facebook.com/5TipsToAFlatStomach?skip_nax_wizard=true

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!