Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Our Hearts/Our Homes Mod Podge project

"Where We've Lived" family wall art


This is a Mod Podge project.  I love the stuff and this is a great way to use it to personalize your home.  I used a heart shape from an applique in a pattern.  I've not made the crafts the pattern was for but it came in handy for this!

My mother had several old maps and I had a few and together we came up with one for each of the states our family has lived in.  I  went in chronological order with the last one being Nebraska where we are now.

Are you wondering what the wood base is and how we made that? It was simply a cabinet door already stained this color--just an old cast-off at the Habitat for Humanity re-Store.  An awesome find because they are just $5!  I love having things to decorate our walls with but I held off putting anything up that wasn't completely personal that we love.  This fits that bill and I can't wait to see it up!

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I could see us doing this project. Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Bobi! Very original, great job. Thanks for sharing on "I Gotta Try That"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...