I don't believe in gory pictures. I don't believe in shaming. This is why I don't believe in shaming. Here are some helpful ways to contribute to the world to prevent child death and suffering.
|Photo from the Gates foundation|
1. Vote and advocate for access to birth control for women everywhere. (Source). An adult body for the mother and a few years of spacing can save the lives of second, third, etc. children.
2. Work to prevent child marriages (the subsequent childbirth in immature bodies is a top killer of those children).
3. Support adoptive and foster families. Take in a meal. Throw a baby shower. Offer to trade babysitting. Listen when they are stressed.
4. Support feeding hungry people everywhere--whether at your local food bank, or internationally.
5. Support causes that work to prevent diseases that kill the young and vulnerable.
6. Be a feminist. Studies have found that the more women are in leadership positions the more funding and attention that goes to directly improve the lives of children.