Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Mediterranean Chopped Salad

I made up this recipe combining all the things I happened to be craving at the moment today.   It became lunch and I'm loving it!
Combine coarsely chopped veggies and beans of your choosing.  I have:


Grape tomatoes
Cucumber (unpeeled)
Garbanzo beans (1 can, drained)
1 red onion
A can of olives would be perfect too but I'm out :(.


Then add and mix this dressing:
3 T vinegar
1/4 C olive oil
2 t oregano
1 t honey
1 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt

Mix and match what you have.  I also threw in some chopped mozzarella cheese so that it and the beans could add the protein to make it a filling lunch.
Enjoy!

I'm sure it's better after marinating a few hours, but I ate it right away and it was still yummy.

1 comment:

  1. This looks quite yummy. I rarely fancy salads in the winter but this would definitely be one for me in the Summer. Looks very refreshing.

    Over from Sew Darn Crafty.

    Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...