Sunday, March 1, 2015

Natural Pools


When I first read about natural pools I was fascinated instantly.  I've got my quirks and aversions and the chemicals in pools and hot tubs is in that list :).  They are quite common in Europe but haven't completely caught on here in the U.S.  My first suspicion wast that they must be WAY more expensive because there is very little maintenance--and that was too good to be true.

But there doesn't seem to be much of a catch.  Unless you are averse to beauty and nature and plants and all that shiz.  There is usually a section that has plants that act as natural filters.  So yeah, no filtration system, and very little cleaning unless you've got a leaf problem.  I think it would be so cool to have that combination of the look of a pond and the usefulness of a pool.




Now this midwesterner is off to daydream of  the sort of weather in which I could enjoy a pool!  Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...