Friday, April 3, 2015

Dance Theatre in Omaha! (Pilobolus show)







I've been pleasantly surprised by the offerings of dance classes in the Omaha area for adults.  No, my dreams are not dead, and doing something I love makes for great exercise!  I started with adult hip hop dance after a year or two of dance type exercise classes.  After the *thrill* of dancing again and doing actual choreography at hip hop class I worked up the courage to try aeriel and pole fitness.  I was so glad that I took that leap ;) as I was laying backward on a piece of silky fabric feeling like I could really fly.  It was a gift my adult self gave my kid self who dreamed almost every night about flying.

I've been excited enough about the dance classes I've enjoyed taking here that I've been craving some inspiration in the form of professionals to watch.  Thankfully, Omaha Performing Arts has a great 2015/2016 lineup and I am so stoked to take in the Pilobolous performance on April 23!  It's downtown at the Orpheum Theater.

Casey and I plan to make a date of it, so I'll post pictures of our fun night out!  If you go, let me know what you think.  I love our Omaha dance scene and would love more friends to enjoy it with.  My lupus is getting into remission and I need lots of excitement to ease back into getting my groove on :).  Can't wait for this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...