Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday Doughnuts



Using my parent's dough recipe, I decided when I couldn't sleep this morning it was a perfect time to start some doughnuts.


Since it's been awhile I'll post the recipe here.  Last time I did it, the pictures are of doughnut triangles, which are JUST as tasty.  This time I cut them out with a biscuit cutter and then used a little metal part from mixer for the inside hole :). 


Doughnuts

5ish C flour
1/4 C sugar
1 t salt
2 packages yeast
1 C milk
1/4 C really warm water
1 cube butter
3 eggs

I dissolve the yeast in the really warm water and while that is sitting put the milk, butter, sugar, and salt in a glass bowl and microwave it for about a minute.  I pour about 4 C of the flour into the mixing bowl (over the water and yeast I've had sitting there) and then pour the hot milk mixture over the top.  Using the bread dough attachment (I have a Kitchen Aid) I start it mixing and add the eggs.  Then I add whatever more flour seems to be needed to make a soft dough.  It'll be slightly sticky.

Then grease the bowl and the dough and cover it with a cloth to rise for 45 minutes to an hour.  Once it is risen, I roll out the dough on a floured board and cut it into doughnuts.



This time I fried them in a dutch oven on the stove top.  It works well and used less oil to get it deep enough than the larger electric skillet.

My daughter made her gluten-free doughnuts using her gluten free flour mix and making a biscuit dough.  They weren't quite sweet enough but the texture was perfect, so if you do that, just mix a little sugar into the dough, as well.  She rolled them in cinnamon sugar when they were done instead of glazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...