Saturday, May 2, 2015

Horse Shoe Towel Rack

This is the towel rack in the kids' bathroom that Casey hand-made.  I had it listed for sale on etsy, but I've since closed my shop there so I wanted to move the picture here.  I love having handmade items here in our home, that are useful as well as carry memories.



In my photo archives I have step by step pictures of Casey cutting, putting it together, and sanding/staining it.  The funny memory is that when he stained it, a silhouette of a face shows through behind the first horseshoe.  We joked we could make up some kind of magical legend about it and sell it for big bucks.

Instead we keep it and smile when we see it (and wish it inspired the kids to hang up their wet towels).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...