Thursday, March 17, 2016

Chocolate Waffle Recipe



This morning I created a recipe I've been wanting for awhile.  When it comes to waffles and pancakes, I don't like them being very sweet.  This is mostly so I can add things like syrup, frosting, whipped cream, fruit sauces, etc.  So...it's my sweet tooth still in charge, but it is the reason I have rejected many recipes I find online.

I created this recipe so that I could enjoy chocolate, one of my favorite flavors, while still keeping the qualities of a high fiber and protein breakfast food.  Here it is:

Chocolate Waffle

1 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C baking cocoa
2 T sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 egg
2 T vegetable oil

Mix with a fork (might still have small lumps) and cook on a non-stick sprayed waffle iron.

2 comments:

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...