Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Berry Crisp



I had a bag of berries in my freezer with high hopes for starting my green smoothie habit back up. Since that hasn't happened, and I was craving a warm dessert, I decided to really work on creating a crisp recipe.  I usually like my sugar amounts lower than standard recipes so I can taste the tartness of the fruit, and I also need it to be gluten free.  Here's what I'm enjoying the most right now:



6 C frozen berries
1/4 C white sugar
2 T cornstarch

Mix and place in glass 9 x 13 pan.

1 1/2 C old fashioned oats
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C gluten free flour mix
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t ground ginger
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1/2 t salt
1 cube butter

I mix those in bowl, you can cut in the butter like with pie crust, but I just microwave the whole thing for 30 seconds and then mix the soft butter into the rest of the mixture.

Then sprinkle over berries in pan and bake at 375 for an hour.


Man it makes the house smell good!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...