Thursday, February 2, 2012

Finding the House (wrap-up)

For the first time when making a big decision, I could come up with no Plan B.  As I prayed for this house, I kept thinking, that yes, this was the best thing for us.  But I felt a little guilty...what made me deserve such a nice house or such a bargain price?  I know how much we have struggled and sacrificed to go to school and I also know that hard things are expected of people many, many times.  I was totally prepared to do something else, or just make the best of our two-bedroom situation.

However, I felt that I should keep praying for it, and I did.  And even though each week it was supposed to happen it didn't, I just kept praying.  Call it dumb or faith :).  Anyway, finally....Thursday, Jan 12, they told us they were trying to get us in to close the next day.

Yay, yay, YAY.  After waiting 1/2 a year to figure out our housing situation there was light at the end of the tunnel.

In fact, at 3 pm on Friday the 13th of January, we signed the papers and it was ours (to pay on :).  We ceremoniously pulled the girls out of school early and the whole family went to the closing.  That was a little chaotic, but I wanted to do it since we'd all been together at the first showing.

This is definitely our families home.

2 comments:

  1. so excited for your sweet family!! i've enjoyed reading your posts about finding the home. glad to hear things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is wonderful. I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...