While we eat our evening dinner together as a family, I don't find objection to this eating style during the day. Being only two days into summer break and completely out of breakfast cereal and bread, I'm realizing I need to plan more for this, however.
Portable Kid Meals
- Frozen gluten free muffins
- Granola Bars
- String Cheese
- Lunch meat pieces
- Frozen homemade GF Protein bars (individually wrapped)
- Individual Pizza Slices, wrapped and frozen for heating
- bag of celery sticks and carrot sticks sitting in fridge (PB and Ranch readily available in little containers for dipping)
- frozen burritos
- frozen taquitos
- frozen tamales
- have an extra loaf or two of regular and GF bread in the freezer for back up!
- Buy cereal in bulk!
- keep 4 gallons of milk in the fridge
- back up containers of PB and Jam
If this is how they are going to eat, and I am okay with it (I realize not everyone is :) I'd like to make it as healthy and balanced as possible. Here are my ideas of "portable" breakfasts, lunches and snacks for summertime. Feel free to add yours too. I am writing this because I have very few ideas, so suggestions would be really helpful!