Saturday, November 10, 2012

From Cabinet Door to Wall Art

I bought this at the Habitat for Humanity Re-store:

It's a square kitchen cabinet door.  Unfinished.  Price:  $5.00

My husband was kind enough to rub some stain on it while he was working on some other wood projects.

I added fabric and an old ripped calender page (with a picture of a barn we lived by one summer as newlyweds) that I crinkled first for a weathered effect.  I stuck it all on with the wonder that is Mod Podge:



In case you are new to Mod Podge here is a quick tutorial...basically its glue you do on the bottom of what you are glueing and over the top.  Don't worry, it dries completely clear.






So, this is the final result of my $5.00 cabinet door.  Whaddya think?  I'm quite pleased to have something personal to hang on our walls.



4 comments:

  1. Thats a very clever idea! ....and where is this place you guys lived???? I see mountains in the bkground of the barn picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Just a question though. Where is Weekend Warmth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job and as I always say, there is nothing quite like modge podge! I appreciate you sharing this on "I Gotta Try That Monday"
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, and so creative! Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent of this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...