Thursday, November 1, 2012

Old-Fashioned Bread Making



Since our mixer went out, we've changed a few of our ways.  My younger daughter wanted some homemade bread one day, so  I told her we could make it by hand.  I was so glad we did.  I remember my mom teaching me to make it with my hands, even when we had a mixer, just so I'd know the whole process.  It was fun to share the same with my little girl!  


We've made it weekly since then, and you know?  It really doesn't take that much more time and sometimes it's just FUN to punch the risen dough :).  Our recipe is {here}.

2 comments:

  1. I love making homemade bread. It took me about several years to master the art with many failures, but now I've got it down.

    I am very fond of a kneadless bread recipe that takes about 24 hours from start to finish. Only 15 minutes are required for the actual prep and the rest of that time is spent letting the dough raise and then baking. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your newest follower from GFC blog hop! I hope you will stop by and visit mine too :)
    http://angelstitchembroidery.blogspot.com/

    I love homemade bread but I hate making it by hand. I never knead it enough, I get too impatient, lol! I do make my own gluten free bread though, no mixer or kneading required. That's my kind of bread :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...