Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pepper Prep




Since we started shopping at Costco (once I realized I was shopping 2 to 3 times a week and it was time to buy in bulk) I've been more careful about prepping all my foods to make sure I utilize or save them in the proper time frame.

I slice and dice peppers and freeze what I won't have time to use.  When they are used in cooked dishes frozen is just as good as fresh.  I generally use the sliced ones for Chicken Fajitas and the diced ones for homemade chili.

What fruits and veggies do you freeze for later?

2 comments:

  1. We grow jalepenos and green bell peppers in the summer and I freeze them. We like to slice the jalepenos and put them in our chili in the fall. Stuffed green peppers are good too ut my green peppers didn't get large enoug for this this past year.

    Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've frozen onions, especially when we buy a big bag. I freeze fresh berries. You can even freeze fresh sliced mushrooms. In the U.S. we always bought hamburger in bulk and then would freeze it in pound size portions to pull out when we needed a pound. Easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...