Monday, August 25, 2014

Rustic Christmas Inspiration


As someone who has sold a lot of Christmas tree skirts in my sewing years, I can't believe I'm saying this...but I am:



Try a bucket!


Seriously cute, right?


On a sled is even cuter.

But if you insist, here's some fun twists on the burlap skirt fad:






If you're over that, just throw down an old quilt.  It feels pretty warm and homey to me.


If you like to  make ornaments these couldn't be more simple.  Just remember to leave a little opening for the stuffing and stitch your hanger on in the first stitching.  I got a whole roll of this rope for the hangers at walmart for $10.  I bet they still have some.



 And if ya don't want to sew, tie knots!




 My other favorite rustic Christmas decorations include dried orange slices and cinnamon sticks.  Tie a piece of rafia through them and you can hang just like an ornament.  The smell is one of the best parts.

Sure, it takes a little more time to prepare homespun items like this, but it is a relaxing way to spend cold weather time, and saves a lot of money!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...