Saturday, February 18, 2012

"I did look unto my God..."

Yesterday we gave talks in Church.  I'd like to say it was rewarding but it was one of those talks I felt like I "lost" the audience about 2/3 of the way through and felt compelled to sit down because of their boredom vibes that were oozing their way up to me on the stand :).

Regardless, writing the talk was good for me, giving me something to ponder and focus on.  Most of the talk was about my life and my choices and following the answers to prayer I had received.  A big theme was my realization that I have a problem with worrying more about what other people think (or might think) of what I do, rather than focusing on God's approval.

This scripture helped me realize why I shouldn't be doing that:


And behold, how aoft you have btransgressed the commandments and the laws of God, and have gone on in thecpersuasions of men.
 For, behold, you should not have afeared man more than God. Although men set at naught the counsels of God, and bdespise his words—
 Yet you should have been faithful; and he would have extended his arm and asupported you against all the fiery bdarts of thecadversary; and he would have been with you in every time ofdtrouble.



Every time I have followed Him and what He asked me to do--this has been true.  I have been supported and helped (houses sold, kids healed, friendships restored, math problems made sense of...).  I need to continue to have Faith in Him and His answers to my prayers.  I am so thankful for the miracles he continues to bring me in my every day life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...