Monday, February 20, 2012

My Green Smoothie Recipe



After reading this book about a year and a half ago....





I started drinking green smoothies about once a day.  My favorite recipe is:

1 C water
then blend in a loosely piled blender full of spinach

When that is pureed, add 1 container sweetened yogurt, 1 banana, and about 3/4 C of frozen berries.

Blend on high until smooth.

I did lose 20 pounds after eating these daily for a month or so.  I was also breastfeeding at the time, so take it for what you will :).





1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this! I'm also nursing and have some weight to lose still. Maybe I should try drinking these daily. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...