Thursday, December 20, 2012

House Hunters comment

For an explanation of our past with the House Hunters show click here.

I would like to share something an anonymous person shared with me:


Our episode aired in April of 2012 and like you, everything was fake (we already owned the house, they thought our apartment was boring so they changed the story to say we were living with my in-laws, etc.), but the worst part about it was that my husband and I (particularly me) were portrayed as spoiled rich kids who were unrealistically picky and who were rude to our Realtor. All of the houses featured on our episode were beautiful, and I would have been happy to live in any of them, but you would never know it by watching our episode. You'd think I was some high maintenance wife where nothing was good enough.

It was our fault for being so naive and being so willing to follow the instructions of the director of the episode. He thought it would be great if I flipped out over an outdated bathroom, and convinced me to oblige him with an over-the-top performance. I was so naive about it that it actually took a while for me to realize that we had been demonized. I could tell that the director knew exactly what he had done to us, because after the show aired, he said something like "I'm glad you liked the episode and that you're not mad at me." When our episode first aired, I was amused because the way we were portrayed was so ridiculous, but then I realized that most viewers took it very seriously. 

There were the comments on local message boards that we were such an "annoying couple" and that I needed to take a "chill pill." We even received anonymous hate mail (sent to my husband's workplace, which was featured on the show). How stupid of me to not realize that people would believe the whole thing was real! I was both hurt and shocked that people would react that way (and also stunned that my acting was actually believable - I've never acted in my whole life, never took a drama class, nothing. Maybe I have a career in television?). 

We live in a small state, where I think only two episodes of HH (including ours) have ever been taped, and it feels like the whole state watched our show. So when we talk to people about our episode, the first words that come out our mouths are "it was all fake, and we were acting the whole time," but nothing corroborated my story more than when your account hit national headlines. So thank you so much for that!

I know it can be easy to think we signed up for it and knew what we were getting into, but until you've done something similar you may not know how you'd react.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I used to watch this show all the time and thought it was so much fun. Not so much fun anymore at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You mean I'm not allowed to judge reality TV people either? What the heck? There's nothing left for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have a lot with quality carpet cleaning services all over Atlanta that should cater to the carpet cleaning up requirements. These expert services are qualified and approach their job inside of a planned plus professional style. Each of services brings to your table different couple of values plus naturally, its charges deviate, depending upon the necessities and upon services they give you. Hence, it is very important that you are aware of the wants clearly first and even know your financial budget based that you is going to hire carpet cleaning services. A good and structured approach just might help you choose the ideal carpet cleaning up services. carpet cleaning dubai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just after cleaning the best frequently made use of areas of your house, you have got to clean plus disinfect a inaccessible spots like pebble countertops. On top of that, based on the species of surface a cleaning procedure will be different. In spots like pebble countertops, use a alcohol-based cleaning method for make them germ-free. Further more, you have to use a mixture with water plus regular a detergent. babysitting services dubai

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...