Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mom's Kitchen Flooring Science Project


We are considering this tile for our kitchen flooring, but my #1 issue with any type of flooring right now is how easy it is to clean.  The tile we currently have has so many grooves that collect dirt and it even absorbs stains and coloring.  For example I thought it was tan when we looked at the house and found out it was a pinkish white after cleaning :/.



My two year old's favorite food is vanilla greek yogurt so I plopped some down to dry for a few days to test it's wipeability.  Although not pictured, I also took utensils and scratched and scraped as hard as I could to see how they scratch up.

Verdict?  I think this type of flooring will be a great choice.  

Now, to pick which color....

1 comment:

  1. You are a genius! I like the one on the left, but they are all great.

    We are doing the thick laminate planking in our dental office. It looks like pergo, but doesn't crack or scratch. I will have to look into this tile if we ever build a house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...