Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Joker Comes Clean



No one who knows me in real life will believe this...but I recently developed a reputation for dark and dirty joke telling, with sides of swearing, and a heavy dose of snark.

You see, I joined a support group.  I let them see my insides and they showed me theirs.  We saw our common humanity and felt nourished by the interaction.

In thinking about the incongruity that this reputation developed in a group designed to make me better and lift me higher, I thought of this quote.  Comedy, especially of the questionable variety, may not be for everyone, but we all patch our wounds different ways.

I'm just so thankful to actually have the band-aid this year.  Thank you, my group.  You know who you are and you've helped mend me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...