Monday, March 20, 2017

A little bit 'o Silver


When I compiled the hair color trends in my recent post, the ones I LOVED had gray or silver streaks.  When I thought about how much I liked it, I realized how cheap and simple it would be for me to get that look!  :)

I simply have been refraining from dyeing my roots for the last few months.  It's gonna take many months longer because I don't have fast growing hair, but I'll have my own glittery silver mane eventually.

At the age of 26 I started seeing more and more gray hairs come in when I went to hair appointments and I started letting my stylist dye it regularly.  When I moved away from the stylists I liked I began doing my own coloring, and as you've seen that has been an exciting journey.

But the step I'm at right now, and honestly really delighted to be at, is this one at almost 40.  I'm gonna embrace the gray.  My fears at 26 were things like my husband looking way younger and me being the unattractive spouse, but time has given way to the realization that he will never age and I've got weight and 4 pregnancies amongst the myriad reasons we are already unbalanced.  And you know what?  That's ok.  I am me, and he is he.

And the new me has lots of silver glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...