Thursday, April 5, 2018

framing goal priorities

As I ran/walked today at the rec I solidified with myself the three career areas i was looking into.  1.  Medical school 2. Fashion design - buy the two/three machines I would need to make the Sensory design line of scratch free clothing for women/kids.  While running I did kind of conclude that french seams are probably the best way to go since fagoted seams still have the serge stitching on them albeit less fabric bulk.  Then the serged plus sewn down seams have both problems, thick fabric plus stitching.  I can think of two problems.  That being the rayon knit I wanted to use having lots of stretch and needing a stretch type stitch.  I don't know how that plays well with french seams but that is something I will research next.  The other career area was writing books.  I don't feel as excited about that one but more like a *should*.  I love books so maybe I should produce one?  I love the feeling of really developing thoughts on page.  I think I need the creative stretching and it is a creative pursuit that doesn't require as fine a pincer grasp as design sewing.  It uses my brain more than my body and i could eventually use voice software if my arthritis flared up.

speaking of flare ups i am holding onto clothes that are too baggy out of lupus fears of gaining 50 pounds again from steroids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...