Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Oxalate Poisoning

 I'm coming back, in a slow and surging way.  In and out of health, in and out of fever.  The sharp spikes in my muscles were gone by day 2 and the diarrhea really improved the first day even.  

I knew the first day I cut out oxalates something was real.  I had horrible stomach pain for 3 months straight and blood and mucous in my stool.  The day I ate, but NOT oxalates the bleeding stopped.

An entire decade ago Green smoothies seemed like the magic bullet for good health.  I thought all things good health came from vegetables and the more the merrier.

When I questioned what stole away my entire summer it never occurred it was the SUPERFOODS I had read about in Prevention magazine.  Nearly every magazine I read listed superfoods with antioxidants and fiber and like a militant rule follower this OCD girl is, I made lists of them and tried to make it all my daily diet.

Nuts, celery, celery juice, 5 cups of raw spinach...I was killing myself if you read the research on spinach being fed to rats.  It eventually killed them.  I was closer than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...