Saturday, March 24, 2012

2 months

It has been over 2 months since we closed on this house.  I think we are starting to get more used to it.  I am praying for new carpet though.  I have spent enough time stewing over the urine smells, I finally decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and just start praying for help.  Carpet for a place this big is expensive and we don't want to get the cheapest thing possible and then regret even spending that much a few months or years later.  So I am praying we'll somehow come up with the money for good carpet.  I'd love to feel that clean feeling under my feet and not smell urine so strongly while we are home.

I don't think I'm really in a routine yet.  I feel like besides "survival" mode of food, dishes, laundry, kids to an from school, and unpacking, the only thing I've been able to focus on is dealing with the residual emotions of our whirlwind year.  I feel like I am making progress in that...but it could be a year in coming.  That's okay.  I've been through a lot and need to restore so I can keep giving for a lifetime.  5 other people need me to do that.  It's a lot of pressure to bear somedays.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand! YOu will get there. Remember, you probably feel stressed and exhausted, but I bet your kids look back on this time with fond memories in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...