Saturday, January 12, 2013

What Went Right day 3








  1. Got out of the house for a bit!  It hasn't happened much with my van being worked on and well, cause I am a stay-at-home mom, right?  It's there in the name :).  So all I did was go get groceries at wal-mart, and watch people yell at their kids :/ (ugh, that gets me down every time) but I did get out.  And the van was wonderful!
  2. We got new tires on the van.  After all the work my husband did, then getting new tires and alignment made for a very smooth driving experience today.  As old and kinda ugly the van is getting I really love how it drives and how convenient it is for kid haulin'.  And its nice to not have a car payment, of course.
  3. I'm feeling thankful, very thankful for our home that we were blessed to get.  I thought about this as I was returning home from wa-lmart in my newly fixed van and looking at the bikes and things along the wall of the garage.  When we lived in our student housing "village" it was really hard on everyone to find places to store bikes, work out how to share/not share them, etc.  We are really lucky to have our own place.  I have to admit the thought process of gratitude started with the stabbing memory and pain of missing the people around us in the "village."  But as I drove thinking about this I thought about how much I missed Texas in our first few years here (still do some days!) and that it got better by making the best of my life in the village.  There are a lot of ways I could improve my happiness in this area, so I'll be praying to figure out the right ones to work on.

1 comment:

  1. I think there will always be a part of me that aches when I think about the "village". I will miss it forever. But that doesn't mean that I don't love where I'm at. It is just a sweet memory with wonderful people that I fear I will never see again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...