Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Making Homemade Fries


 One Friday evening, my husband was out of town for work and the kids and I wanted to do something FUN.  So we decided to have some french fry taste tests.  The girls loved them from McDonald's but a new fast food place had just been built so we decided to try theirs.  We still went home and made our own dinner but for $2.50 we got to do a little sampling.

It was fun, and the kids liked them, but I found them really disappointing.  I love anything cooked in hot grease, I'm loathe to admit, but these were like little straws of air--no detectable potato.

So the next weekend, the girls and I set out to make the fabulous fries we'd been hoping to have.





SO much better.  Mmmm, nothing beats real potatoes.




Topped with Lawry's seasoning salt, and we were in French Fry Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...