Thursday, April 23, 2015

Kitchen Backsplash


As a finishing touch on our kitchen my husband installed our back-splash.  It's a very 3 dimensional rugged type of tile that sticks out and has "layers" if that makes sense.  We bought it at Home Depot.

It's called Ashlar Rock  and can be found here:

He started by covering my brand new counters and cabinets :).  Very thoughtful.





Then labeled and prepared the wires for new light switches (the roller kind rather than switches).




Then tiling began.  Since these come in a sheet, it goes faster than it may appear.  However going around light fixtures and cutting tile to line up with the others seamlessly took some time.  I'm thankful he is the "detail" person in our relationship.






Below, you can see the USB plug he installed.  It's super handy to be able to charge our phones and my kindle there in the kitchen where I spend a lot of my day.  I even look up and follow recipes from my phone, so it works.




My second daughter decided the perfect "christening" for a new kitchen was a batch of homemade cookies.  I quite agree.



We still have trim for the bottom of the cabinets, and I'm even thinking maybe some bun feet painted white for the bottom to make them look like old fashioned furniture (and tie in the upper white a bit).  What do you think?  Yay or nay?

Regardless, the essentials are IN and we can cook and eat and clean up, and believe me I love it more than ever, now that its been in process for 3 years.  Wiping my counters is a joy.


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...