Thursday, September 19, 2019

Home editors


As part of the job home-making, sometimes things need cleared out and paired down.  So I'd like to add the job duties of HOME EDITING.  It's important to the feeling of function as a household and PEACE.

Sometimes the best way to bless my home of a morning, is to spray down a sink and mirror in a bathroom and make the fixtures shine with a little microfiber mit.  I make my own out of the microfiber (raw unhemmed) rags located in the automotive department at walmart.

The spray I use is Method.  I love their scents--especially citrusy ones.  When I spray some of that all purpose cleaner and wipe it up to make the bathroom shine and smell good, I feel I have been a blessing upon that area.  However, sometimes there are altogether BIG steps in adding order to our family home.

Yesterday I dropped a load of old hangers and a few unworkable designs and kid outgrown clothes off at the local thrift shop.  I haven't written about it lately but at stages it has been a huge part of my role in the keeping of our home. 

I give away stuff.  If it doesn't fit or isn't liked or won't support us in some kind of move we need (like out of a house across states for law school) we give it away.  We have had big yard sales when we have high ticket or large type items.  So we've made back a little on it.  But then I discovered "It's Deductible" software to go along with our taxes.  As long as I logged and noted each item in that system I could often save us $500 or more on taxes.

Now that last year the standard deduction more than doubled, I still tried to add it all up, but it came nowhere near the standard, so I've stopped keeping track of what I donate.  If your tax deductions are around that standard amount when itemizing, it's worth tracking, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...