Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Sewing recap

Putting away the clean laundry seems to be the dullest part of the job.  Gathering together the dirty stuff and getting it set up in front of the washer and then starting that first load?  It's so full of hope.  But today I've got a bunch of clean stuff that's got to get moving into bedrooms because there is a full hamper of dirty stuff to come through the hatch.

I haven't started a youtube channel or gotten a job, but yesterday felt really hopeful probably just because I wrote.  I felt stronger about getting a master's degree and I felt hope about that and my sewing.  I ordered a bunch of sale patterns, and in the coming months I'll buy fabric to go with it.  I'm trying to stretch it out so I don't waste so much family money. 

The truth is, I have spent so much on all the fabric it has taken me to fix and perfect the designs I've dreamed of.  Maybe I'll waste less now that I am more tuned into what styles and sizes work for me.  I know it takes risks and jumping in to learn things, and that has been true with learning my coverstitch machine as well as putting together knit garments quickly with a serger.  I love the way the serged seam stretches.  I tried making a yellow poly cardigan with zig zag on the regular machine and the seams look less professional.

I've been topstitching less on my personal design tees, but I think I might go back to that.  I'm wearing a navy with white polka dots one today and the coverstitching looks really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...