Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Relying on Pain Points


Some inspiration I gathered from a favorite you tuber, Jordan, is to take your pain points or things that are a struggle and turn those around for success.  She started her early married life with debt and loads of money-stress and made frugality and paying it off her mission.  From the looks of things they have more than turned it around, reaching peace and then lofty goals.

I have had my eye out for my life's pain points that could give me a service direction or mission.  Today I meditated on them and came to the problem.  I've hopped onboard other mormon protests like Protect LDS Children and Ordain Women.  In some round about way, I thought women in leadership or doing away with interviews would solve what happened to me, but I just never felt quite in sync or aligned with their cause.  I realized why today, because the pain point, the real problem that caused my PTSD here, is church discipline.  I was fine in all my temple interviews, I was fine without the priesthood, and the women in church wouldn't have helped anymore than the men did.

Bottom line, is my perpetrator going in to confess kicked in the "discipline" protocol that never gets talked about in public, but is a whisper network, a shameful, quiet thing constantly going on in the shadows.  The thing is, right now we are all still in the shadows.  People who have left the church after discipline still don't talk about it--I'm guessing because it is something members will use against them saying they were "offended" and unwilling to take punishment.



I would love to get people talking about their church discipline story.  I know we aren't the only church with discipline methods and plans.  I had a friend (adult woman) tell about how she had to testify of her first sexual encounter in front of a committee in her Jehovah's Witness congregation.  I heard gossip as a kid about adults getting excommunicated from the Catholic church for divorcing, and trying to negotiate annulments as a way of avoiding losing their lifelong membership.

I'm scared to dive into this topic, but I would give anything to get more people informed about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...