Thursday, September 26, 2019

the Work


Thanks to Tim Ferris' recommendation, I read The Work pamphlet by Byron Katie yesterday and today.  It was impactful.  Really very much so.  I wish I had had that framework a few years ago.  I sewed a lot this morning, then enjoyed a meditation in the sun where I reflected on ways I push myself towards ego association with sewing output.  I find my soul pushing itself that direction no matter what I do wanting to prove worthiness with whatever output I can produce.  That may be why my sewing practice has narrowed to just clothing for me to wear.  It takes the job description/AMIGOODENOUGH narrative out of it.

I find myself doing that on social media.  I shut down my LinkedIn page because it hasn't yielded any value and pushes me to that "not enough" struggle with job ego.  Just writing is a gift and I give and accept it freely.

I did my morning pages today and hardly felt them, the words just poured out.  I think they were reflections from my reading.  It was nice to get sun today, and time to create.  CB is home sick from school so I don't need to go get him now.  I think I will clean and create the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments~!

Chocolate Yogurt Oat Muffins

  1 C oat flour 1/2 C sugar 1/4 C cocoa powder 1/2 t baking soda 1/4 salt 1/2 C chocolate chips 1 egg 1/2 C plain greek yogurt 1/4 melted bu...